Visa support and registration
Visa-support to Kazakhstan
Registration in Kazakhstan
Freedom of movement in Kazakhstan and choice of residence
Overseas Diplomatic Missions
Information about visa support for foreign nationals
List of States with which Kazakhstan enjoys reciprocal visa
Form for visa support (Group)
Form for visa support (Individual
Migration card in Kazakhstan
The Migration Card is issued to every foreign citizen of 16 years of age and older who come to Kazakhstan. The Migration Card must be surrendered upon departure from Kazakhstan.
The Migration card not issued to:
- persons, whose passports are registred by MFA of Kazakhstan
- persons with a visa permitting to stay in Kazakstan
- train passengers in transit travelling via Kazakhstan
Freedom of movement in Kazakhstan and choice of residence.
Unless an area is restricted, foreign citizens enjoy the freedom of movement within Kazakhstan.
The following areas are regarded as restricted:
1. Gvardeysky Settlement in Zhambylsky region
2. Rossavel Settlement located on the border beetween Almaty and Zhambylsky regions
3. Kurzhabasy railway track situated 10 km from Otar train station
4. Bokeyordinsky and Zhangalinsky districts of Western Kazakhstan region
5. Town of Priozersk, Gulshad Settlement of Karaganda region
6. Town of Baikonur
7. Karmakshinsky and Kazalinsky districts id Kzyl-Orda region
8.All strategically restricted and classified areas
9. Border zones with the People's Republic of China
Crossing the State Border in Accordance with the law
(List of Road Border Control Checkpoints of the Republic of Kazakhstan" approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, dated Dec 3, 2001)
It is important to bear in mind that certain road border control checkpoints are open for border crossing by citizens of any country (multilateral), whereas some checkpoints are open for border crossing by citizens of neihbouring country only (bilateral).
Below is the list of road border control check points where citizens of all countries are allowed to enter or leave Kazakhstan.
- on the border with China: Khorgos, Dostyk, Kolzhat, Bakhty, Maykapchagay
- on the border with Russia : Kotyaevka, Tashala, Pogodayevo, Aksay, Alimbetovka, Zhaisan, Kayrak, Akbalshyk, Zhana Zhol, Karakoga, Urlitobe, Sulu Agash, Kosak, Sharbakty, Auyl, Ube Zhezkent, Bostal
- on the border with Kyrgyzia: Aisha Bibi, Novovoskresenovka, Korday, Kegen, Karasu
- on the border with Uzbekistan: Tazhen, Bozoy, Zhibek Zholy, G.Muratbayeva, Shardara, Kaplanbek
- on the border with Turkmenistan: Temirbaba
If foreign citizen infringed the laws of Kazakhstan
Foreign citizens are liable for infringements in connection with their sojourn in Kazakhstan, for instance: non-compliance with registration requirements, breach of rules pertaining to freedom of movement, choice of residence, transit, staying in Kazakhstan upon expiration of visa. Offenders are subject to administrative liability, including payment of fines and/or possible deportation from Kazakhstan.
Only a court of law can impose the sanctions of administrative penalties and /or deportation.
All foreign citizens are required to carry identification documents on their person or copies there of while in Kazakhstan
We ask you to take into your account above information.